The State of Hawaii requires that all guests—even those that are vaccinated or plan to quarantine— full information on Safe Travels profile https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/ portal with current trip details. You will not be able to exit the airport in Hawaii without this.
Unvaccinated travellers age 5 and older are required to take a COVID-19 test from a trusted testing partner within 72 hours of your Hawaii-bound flight. Testing availability may be limited, please schedule your appointments quickly. Travellers entering the state of Hawaii who has been fully vaccinated in the United States may bypass quarantine without a pre-travel test.
Here’s what you need to do prior to the departure of your Hawaii-bound flight:
- Every adult traveler must have a information on Safe Travels profile portal for themselves and children traveling with them.
- Your trip details, including flight info and lodging must be added to your Safe Travels profile.
- If fully vaccinated against COVID-19, one of the following vaccine documents must be successfully uploaded to Safe Travels as a PDF.
- WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccination record
- VAMS (Vaccination Administration Management System)
- If not fully vaccinated, negative test results from a trusted testing partner must be successfully uploaded to Safe Travels as a PDF.
- Complete the online attestation that your uploaded documents are true and accurate
- We strongly recommend carrying physical or digital copies of your vaccination record or test results and lodging confirmation with you.
Safe Travels must accept and validate your vaccination record and test results.
If vaccination records are not successfully uploaded, or you are using a DOD DD Form 2766C you may need to be manually cleared upon arrival in Hawaii.
If you board without a successfully uploaded test result, you will be required to quarantine for 5 days or the duration of your stay, whichever is shorter. No further document verification is available on arrival.
Please be prepared to verify the quarantine location on arrival in Hawaii. Vacation rentals are not permitted as a quarantine location.