Riviera Travel has announced the launch of eight escorted tours for 2024, including newly-introduced extended beach stays on select itineraries.
The tours, which go on sale from March 20, 2023, comprise five holidays to Asia or the Middle East that combine Riviera’s traditional tours with several days at a notable coastal location. They are offered alongside three Kenya safari or classic Japan options.
All itineraries include guided tours, visits, curated activities and multi-night stopovers at prominent locations. They are:
* India’s Golden Triangle & Mumbai with Goa Beach Stay. 14 days including guided tours of Delhi, Mumbai and Jaipur; visits to the Taj Mahal and Amber Fort; a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi; a train journey to Agra; and a five-night coastal stay in South Goa. From £2599pp.
* Wonders of Jordan with Red Sea Beach Stay. 12 days including guided tours of Amman, Jerash and Petra; visits to the Dead Sea, Mount Nebo and Madaba; and a four-night coastal stay along the Red Sea. From £1999pp.
* Best of Malaysia with Langkawi Beach Stay. 14 days including guided tours of Malacca, Kuala Lumpur, the Cameron Highlands and Penang; and a five-night stay at Park Royal Langkawi in Kedah. From £2499pp.
* Sri Lankan Highlights with Indian Ocean Beach Stay. 14 days including guided tours of Colombo, Galle and Bandarawela; a visit to Dambetanna Tea Factory, built by Sir Thomas Lipton; a 4×4 vehicle drive at the 36,000-hectare Wasgamuwa National Park; and four nights relaxing on the beaches of the Indian Ocean. From £2399pp.
* Vietnam & Halong Bay Cruise with Da Nang Beach Stay. 14 days including guided tours of Hanoi and Mai Chau; a scenic drive to Ninh Binh; temple visits; a two-night cruise around Ha Long Bay; and a four-night stay at Furama Da Nang. From £2999pp.
* Kenya – Lake Nakuru & Maasai Mara Safari. Eight days including a full-day game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park; a three-night lodge stay in the Maasai Mara and a Lake Navaisha boat ride with a guided nature and wildlife walk on Crescent Island Game Park. From £2999pp.
* An optional Buffalo Springs & Samburu Reserve Safari five-day extension is available for the Kenya itinerary, which includes a visit to Samburu community village; a stop at the Reteti Elephant Sanctuary; and a three-night lodge stay at a wildlife reserve. From £1499.
* Icons of Japan. Nine days including stays in Tokyo, Kyoto and Mishima with guided tours and the chance to explore independently; visits to Mount Fuji and the Fushimi Inari Shrine; and a bullet train ride. From £2599pp.
Tours include return flights; transfers; all scheduled visits and tours; breakfast and select meals; and the services of a Rivera Travel tour manager throughout.
Will Sarson, Head of Strategy & Innovation from Riviera Travel, said: “Our research has shown that guests have an appetite for long-haul, adventure holidays, now more than ever, which has led to the release of these new escorted tour itineraries. They offer an array of eye-catching options at stunning locations around the world, with many including the choice to relax and recharge at a premium coastal destination.
“From the wildlife wonders of the Kenyan reserves to the jaw-dropping neon attractions of Tokyo to the calming beaches of Asia, there is something to satisfy the wanderlust of anyone looking to explore the world next year. We’re confident guests on our 2024 tours will find the perfect balance of expertly guided insight and independent adventure.”
The tours now form part of Riviera’s worldwide touring program for next year. It comprises a further 29 itineraries with 205 departures.